Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Starter Homes?!

Because of D's wanting to experiment and for the babies, we need a house with a yard. While I was looking through the employment section of the paper, I got a little distracted and started looking at homes for sale :-) . There's one thing I don't quite understand, what the heck is a starter home?
I've always thought that was an inexpensive, small house that a newly-married couple buys before they have children or perhaps a house with one extra bedroom for a nursery. Small, not where they necessarily intend to stay forever.
I must be wrong though because the ads in the paper are calling 4 bedroom, 3 bath homes with acreage "starter homes"!
I think one reason I like being poor is that I don't have to worry about mortgages, medical insurance, homeowner's insurance, bank rates and all that. Been there, done that, it's all such a hassle! But that means I have nothing. Usually I like that but sometimes...