Monday, July 21, 2008

Help For The Eye Experiments

I found something I want to check into - Zenni eyeglasses. This is a place to order your own glasses for only $8 to about $20 or so per pair! If this is true, works, and I can get D's and my prescription, we may be able to do our eye experiments more seriously! This is incredible!

I was afraid to see our vision improve slowly (though it's much better than having it slowly deteriorate!) because I didn't see how I could afford new glasses every couple of months. This ZenniOptical.com
could be the option I needed.
Maybe you saw Zenni On Fox; this makes me feel safer about ordering there. The glasses I have right now are dark purple, this time I'd like to go for something like this:

For D, we'll probably go for close to what he already has, he's not very into change!

Now I just have to figure out what to do about focusing at a distance. Does this mean to focus at a distance you can actually SEE? It's common advice to look up from a book or computer screen every 10-15 minutes to give your eyes a break. I can't decide if we're to focus off in the foggy distance or give them something to focus on that we can actually see - but that's only 11" for me. Doesn't seem very useful. I can leave my glasses on and focus farther away but that defeats my purpose. It's a bit hard to figure out how to do this but I'm going to somehow. D's eyes are getting worse and I need to find a way to help him. Big A wears glasses as well but remembers to go without his as often as he can. D has been trying to remember but it's rather difficult to carry on a normal life when you can't see much of anything. All three of us can maneuver around the house but that's pretty much the extent of it. We could all wander aimlessly through the rooms I suppose! I like to pace while I listen to music so I can take my glasses off then as long as the baby littles aren't here to be in danger of getting stepped on!

(By the way, this is a follow up to a post from June 28th about vision experiments.)