Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It's Working!

One of the things I bought for D's school was a timeline for history. There are eight parts to it, we've posted them ascending the stairs. Tonight, on his way up, he actually looked at it on his own, read some of it, and commented, "Mom, this picture of the guy shown for the Gold Rush is the same guy on the movie we watched. This one looks like a cartoon but it's the same guy, same silver dish, everything. He's the same guy!"

HE NOTICED!

This is history and he noticed, he remembered, he put them together! I'm so excited about this. After all these years in school he knew pretty much nothing about American history, but now it's working! Excuse me for a minute while I dance around my living room!

Okay, I'm back. Do you think this is too little to be encouraged by?