Friday, January 23, 2009

Good Book Choice For Him - Added To

For reading, I've got D reading a very old book called Breakthroughs in Science by Isaac Asimov. It's a collection of short biographies of scientists that details their major contributions to scientific knowledge. Yesterday was wonderful, he said because of this book, he discovered what was going wrong in some of his experiments! I love it when something clearly useful comes from schoolwork.

Of course, that led immediately to a new list of experiment supplies he HAS to have!

Oh, yes, I forgot to mention how he used his algebra. Big A pays 1/3 of the rent and I pay 2/3 since I'm two people (D and I). Now that the littles are getting bigger, we decided to see what it would be if we count them in the equation as well. We decided each of them would count as 1/3 to 1/2 of an additional, and that they're here only 2-3 days out of 7; so he used his algebra to figure out the new amounts Big A and I would pay according to the varying numerical values assigned to the babies.